I was remembering the other day about when Madeline was around 2 years old. She was still in a crib. I had gone in her room
to get her out of bed and when I walked in she said to me "My hair is so long." I laughed so hard. Because she has never really had hair, mostly as a joke, I talk all the time about how beautiful her hair is and how long it is getting. She has never said anything about not having hair. I'm not sure that she ever really noticed. It is a lot of resonsbility knowing that the things that I say to her and about her make her see herself in that way. What power we have as Any way I was talking about her hair. This time last year Madeline had a choice of two hair do's. A ribbon tied around her head or two
teeny pigtails that stuck up about a half inch. During the summer we discovered that her hair was curly and that added a new dimention to the hair bow. In the
last 6 months her hair has gotten so long! All of you people who had to cut your kids hair 10 times before they were 3 are laughing right now but if you look at the picture of where we started, this is huge. I has worried that she would give me a hard time about doing her hair when she got some but she really likes to have her hair done. No matter what we do to her hair she likes it and says to me"Do you think I look pretty?" I think that it is long enough to frenchbraid (I just laughed out loud). Really though I think that my sister Kenna
could do it. So the challange is made. I thought that
these were some fun pictures. Tell me what you think. 
4 comments:
Wow! Her hair does look really long in that picture. How cute is that!? You need to post a picture of the hair you cut when she got her first haircut. Tee hee.
I love Madeline's hair! It has taken some time, but tell her I think her hair is beautiful! I use to do all sorts of fun stuff with Taylor's hair when she was younger - lots of little elastics and things. Rylie is a lot more difficult. We'll see how Camryn is. I am going to let Taylor and Rylie cut their hair after the dance recital. Should I save some for you? =)
HA! I can just see Madaline struttin' around in a wig made of Taylor's hair. I love her teeny tiny braids. That's my favorite. Or what she looks like just after having them taken out. :-)
I wish my girls had hair like Madeline's. Maybe if they had started out bald, they wouldn't fight so hard to have their hair done today? So they may have tons of hair, but they don't like it done up all fancy, and scream when I brush it.
Post a Comment