9.14.2009

Kinderbeets Baby!!!

Finally the day came! Madeline got to go to prescholl today to meet her teachers, see her classroom and "make some friends". She has been asking and asking and marking the days on her calendar. I thought that maybe that would help her to chill out a little but it just made it worse.

In honor of school starting we had our first annual "Back to School Feast". Madeline chose steak, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob with a chop stick stuck in it and strawberry cake with pink frosting and sprinkles. It was yum.Our theme was "Be Prepared". The theme was mostly for me. Madeline's School starts at 9:45am over at Jordan High. Any of you that know me know that I don't function at full capacity before 10:00am and my darling daughter has learned from me that mornings are lazy. So... we are going to have some struggles unless we are prepared.

After dinner we had a fashion show so that she could show off her new duds (the tutu skirt and boots are my favorite) and then we talked about some ways to be prepared. She was so cute bossing her dad about how to write each thing on her papers.Tomorrow night she will get her father's blessing and off to Kinderbeets the next morning.

Madeline was sweeter than she has been in a long time today. I'm so glad that we did this for her. I think that she has been feeling a little neglected with the little brother getting cuter and more demanding every day. She was so serious about every detail of the dinner. I loved making it with her. Thanks to Hayley for taking the baby so the Miss and I could have some girl time. We needed it.

I love my little girl so much. I love that she is a smarty pants. I love that she is so excited to go to school. I love that she isn't old enough to go to Kindergarten. I love the little things that she still says wrong like garvage and hangurber. I wish that I could make her two again.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

glad i could help. glad we could be a part of it, too. madeline was bouncing with excitement when we showed up to eat. i loved it. the aprons were a cute touch, too. liz, you're a great mom... i'm always impressed.

Tori said...

Sounds like so much fun! I think the name of the preschool is pretty cute too. I hope she has a great year. I have a hard time getting up in the morning too. If I don't get out of bed in time to get them up, we rush and I have to remind myself not to get mad at the girls because it MY fault we're running behind. Mornings, aaahhh.