9.07.2009

Labor Day Campout

Last minute decided that we would go camping this weekend. I was really trying to be excited about it but I was secretly hoping that it wouldn't happen. We thought that we were not going to find a spot but on Sunday afternoon we found a great spot up Big Cottonwood Canyon at the Spruces. We ALL had a good time. Madeline was in heaven running around, jumping rocks, going on sneaky hikes, and sleeping in a tent. Bradley was completely entertained with so much to see, the fire, the water, and the chipmunks.
Madeline loved jumping off of the giant rocks around our camp site

Lil' Brother discovered riding on the head. His new favorite thing. Riding on Garrett's head was extra tasty.
Look it is me in a picture!!

Hayley and Bradley really take to the relaxing aspect of camping
Two peas in a pod right there
Are we there yet. We thought it was a short hike to Donut Falls.
"Don't tell me I'll make it! I'll decide!! Quit bossing me!!!"
(below) Madeline and her dad had a blast exploring the "woods" and everything in it.
Bradley is pretty sure if he pulls hard enough then daddies hair will come out.
Sunday night Nana, Papa and McKay came up to have dinner and enjoy the best part of camping... dutch oven cobbler.Oh ya, Brother Puked his peaches on Garrett's head. It was hilarious.
So.... as I mentioned I am not a big fan of camping, but I had a great time this weekend. I loved the hike, I loved the food, I loved the company and I especially loved watching Madeline and Bradley. The look of wonder and excitement on their faces as they discovered new things with every step. That brought me true joy. Thanks Garrett and Hayley. We wouldn't have done it with out you guys.

4 comments:

Hayley said...

we had so much fun, too. i was amazed at how nice it was. i really did relax. mostly cause i hogged the baby while you guys did all the hard work, but hey - it had to be done, right? the food was delicious. especially the cobbler. i will admit i was kinda not sure i really wanted to go once i was committed, but am really glad it turned out so nicely - i say we make it a tradition :)

garrett said...

Yeah, it was pretty fun! even if I did get puked on. Oh well. At least I didn't have to do my hair the whole time. Very relaxing indeed.

Tori said...

I am so jealous. I had a good weekend at the cabin, but I REALLY LOVE THE SPRUCES and haven't been in so long. Reading your blog, Madeline's and Hayley's makes me wish I was there too (only if I was invited though of course). :) Fun, fun, fun!

Tori said...

P.S. like the bigger font. :)