1.18.2010

10 months and running

OK He is not really running but he just as well be.

I missed writing about his 9 month milestones so I'm doing 10 months.

First some things I love about him.

This guy loves his Mama but refuses to say my name. He has to be in the same room with me or he will cry as he crawls to me with his head hanging down occationaly pausing to look for me hoping that I will see how big and sad his bottom lip is. Usually by then I am on to the next room. He gets very frustrated with me.

He loves, Loves, LOVES anything with buttons, lap tops, Dads cell phone, remotes, etc.
One day at church I was trying to tier him out by letting him crawl the hall and he crawled into one of the clerks offices were he made a friend with an iphone. Ever since, if I let him crawl around the hall he checks all the clerks door to see if he can find his iphone buddy.

He learned to climb the stairs at Grandma and Grandpas house this Christmas. Everything is now a climbing challenge to him. The other day I was sitting at the computer while he pushed a stool around the kitchen when I could suddenly feel him breathing on my neck. That's not right. I turn around and he had scooted his stool up to the back of my chair and climbed up to see what I was doing. Climbing on his Dads computer bag is a daily accomplishment but not fun for dad when he finds puke in his bag the next day.

He likes to talk on the phone, especially Daddies cell phone. He pushes the button that lights up the screen and then puts it in his mouth while saying Dada Dada Dada.

He will not do sign language. Why sign when you can scream.

He gives NICE sweet baby hugs, especially to his sister.

If he gets his hands on something to write with then that is just what he'll do. He has written on the wall, the door, the carpet, and the kitchen floor.

He likes to have his picture taken.

He is still not big on naps but he has gotten better.

He makes a mess out of EVERYTHING that he can reach. Not so much a thing that I love about him but he is very cute while he does it.


So, he has made leaps and bounds in the last three months. This list of his tricks are in the order that he accomplished them.

-Pulled himself up to standing.
-Gave up the army crawl for the full crawl.
-Suddenly a pro with the pincher fingers.(loves to feed himself)
-Clicks his tongue. (so cute)
-Dances like he's at a rock concert.
-Took his first steps 2 days before he was 9 months old.
-Walking at 9 1/2 months old. (I am quite picky about the difference in taking steps and walking. My definition is walking at least 3 feet without falling and walking with intent, in other words not being coaxed with treats or fussing. Today he walked from the bathtub to Madeline's bed. He was pretty proud.
-Said his first word other than Mama and Dada, BEAR. See previous post.

There's my boy. Growing so big and doing so great despite the crazy he has for a Mommy. I'm thankful and blessed.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

i can't believe that baby is actually walking now. he's growing up way too fast in my opinion. and he's absolutely adorable. love love love the cheesy smile for pictures.