Hey all of the 2 people who read my blog!
I have a little bit of an issue and I could use some advice.
Every time I hear the John Meyer song Say It gets me worked up. He sings that "it's better to say to much then to never say what you needed to say."
I have a lot of things that I feel like I need to say to a lot of people and I say nothing to avoid hurting feelings or causing contention. I feel that my choice to keep silent is great for everyone else but me.
Tell me, what do you think about saying what you need to say?
9 comments:
yeah, that's a hard one. you want to be polite, but you don't want to be a pushover. i try hard to carefully walk the line of being true to myself without being a raging bitch. sometimes it doesn't work out. i think you should be as honest as you can be without causing tears (too often) and then just make sure you can look at yourself in the mirror.
Ok liz, let me have it. Tell me everything you have been holding back. I can take it. haha... kidding
I am the wrong person to ask. I very much try to avoid confrontation, for the most part, unless I feel like I am being taken advantage of, or if something happened involving my kids, then I will say something.
That's it Laralee,
I am sick and tired of you being so dang nice and I'm sick of you having the sweetest kids on earth!
The only way you can make it up to me is to come visit me and bring that sweet little baby for me to cuddle.
Call me.
I'm with you Elizabeth. I think this world is too full of examples who "let people have it", "give you a piece of my mind", "let it all out"--and we can see where it has gotten us. Tactfully explaining feelings when you really need to is important, otherwise, I stay out of trouble by keeping myself quiet and I get into trouble by letting things slip sometimes!
Liz, that's always a tricky one. I've been thinking about it all day actually. I keep things in a lot too. And I know it's not good for me. But the story that came to my mind is the one about Jesus getting angry at the men at the temple. :) Sometimes you just have to tell people how it is. Good luck. (I should take my own advice.) ;)
Thanks for the advice. A little laughing a little crying but all helpful comments.
I am so happy to see that my blogger audience is double what I thought it was. Go Me!!
I think I will give something away this month. keep checking back to see if you can win :)
Proverbs 10:19 When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.
Proverbs 13:3 He who guards his lips guards his life, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin.
Proverbs 17:27 A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered. (28) Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.
Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.
Proverbs 21:23 He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity.
Proverbs 29:20 Do you see a man who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for him.
Just some thoughts !
You can let me have it if I deserve it.
Love ya.
Just one more, then I'm done. You decide if you wnat to use nay of these.
Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
I'm a kind of person who would rather suffer inside and alone then tell confront somebody and tell them something that may be awkward, bad, mean, or whatever.. Because of that I sometimes feel like I get walked all over. Anyway, I don't think this is really any advise but I just want to say, I'm feeln' ya lady!
Post a Comment