Every year since we have moved to Utah we go to the pumpkin farm and get some pumpkins for Halloween. This year we planted pumpkins in Nana and Papa's garden. They turned out so great. The birds ate half of them as they sprouted (luckily) because we
still had almost 20 pumpkins. I was only hoping for enough for each of the grand kids to have one. It has been fun growing them. Every once in a while Jared, Madeline and I would walk down to Papa's and turn the pumpkins so that they wouldn't get flat spots. They were beautiful.
As some of you might know, Madeline comes up with the best costume ideas. Last year was the sock monkey which was awesome (look back to our second post for a picture.) This year Madeline wanted to be a Curly Bug (Rolley Polley, Pill Bug, Etc.) When she comes up with something so great
I have to give it a try. Thanks to Dawna for turning me on to this foam fabric. I couldn't have made this thing without it. I was a little nervous that it wouldn't look like a curly bug but after an entire day of cutting and sewing it looked did look like a curly bug!! I was very excited. Madeline thinks that she is so stinking cool. She wore her costume to her preschool Halloween party and every body knew what she was right off. Brother Dyckman told her that if she came trick-or-treating to his house and curled up like a curly bug that he would give her a whole bucket of candy, so she has been practicing. Halloween has been really fun this year. Madeline has been so excited and it has been fun to see her reaction to everything. Christmas should be great this year.
I'll post some better pictures of her in her costume when I get a minute to take them. This week has been sooooo busy.
HAPPY TRICK-OR-TREATING
6 comments:
Wow Liz, that is a great costume. How do you do it? I try to make costumes, but they never turn out, and my kids refuse to wear them, so I have learned that I either need to get a lot better at sewing, or just not make their costumes anymore.
Liz, you are amazing! Everything you do turns out so nice. That costume is adorable! I love that Madeline chooses her costumes from things that she loves, and its never the typical princess or whatever other 3 year olds are choosing. I hope she never looses that.
Carter was telling me how cool Madeline's costume was, he loved it. You are amazining! I can't wait to see her in it. Thanks again for taking Carter to the preschool party. He had a blast.
That costume is SO AWESOME! You are amazing! We'll be up next weekend, wooo, hoo! See you then.
Dang girl! You are seriously so amazing. She looks so cool and you are right. She comes up with the coolest ideas. I have never seen a potato but costume before. Ha ha!
I just had to tell you again how cool that costume is and that Phil and I are still laughing. Tell Madaline that she IS so stinking cool!
Post a Comment