
Yesterday Bradley was seven moths old. This last month has been a huge month for firsts:
sitting up
pulling himself up to stand
crawling (would still rather army crawl)
standing up with no help
kissing
calling his Dada
picking up snack with 2 fingers (needs more practice)
clapping
says Mama (only when he is mad and complaining)
It is so great that he is starting to do things for himself. He is a much happier baby. He played for almost 2 hours last night with out hardly a peep. Do to his new found physical abilities we are really needing to do some baby proofing around the house. The stairs are not his friend.
He loves to chew on shoes and any kind of electrical cord (that has been a favorite since he figured out the army crawl). He loves to play with markers, drum sticks, and anything that will make a noise when he shakes it or hits it on something.
The little look of determination and wonder that he gets when he is trying something new or making something rattle is so sweet. Then he looks for me to give him his well deserved praise with a "soooo big" and he shows me again.
If I could just get him to start sleeping through the night again and take a nap longer than 10 minutes he would be the perfect baby. Madeline and I have started teaching him sign language, so that he can tell me what he wants rather than cry for everything. We taught Madeline at about 8 months and it was so nice. I hope he catches on quickly.
3 comments:
oh, i love that boy. i love the smiles. i haven't seen the clapping - but i have heard the cursing of mama. ha. that's great.
That's it, I'm leaving work right now to come hang out with those kids!!
Oh my goodness, he is so stinkin' cute! I can't believe he is so big. That means Pyper is getting big too. Sometimes I think it's great and other times I wish they would just stop.
Post a Comment