Sunday
(no photo available)
South West Cheese

8 oz Velveeta
8 oz shredded Colby Jack cheese
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can drained black beans
1 can drained corn
1 1/2 cup milk
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
Put everything in a pot and cook it on medium heat until the cheese is melted. Maybe 20-30. minutes. I think that it is best served with tortilla chips.
I give this soup *****
I wouldn't change a thing. Delish!!
Monday
Butternut Squash soup
6 T chopped onion
4 T butter
6 cups cubed butternut squash
3 cups water
4 chicken bullion cubes
1/2 tsp marjoram or a little less of oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 8 oz pkg cream cheese
Cook onions in butter till soft add all other ingredients (except cream cheese) and bring to a boil. Boil for 20 mins. Blend all together with the cream cheese in a blender in batches. Return to the pot and heat through. Do Not Boil.
I give this soup *****
When I make this again I am going to put less cayenne pepper and leave out a pkg of cream cheese. It was a little spicy for me but take in account that I am a wimp when it comes to spicy stuff so put in all the pepper if you like it hot. Jared loved it.
If you have any recipes for some good soups let me know, especially a good chicken noodle soup. I cannot find a good one and I have been craving a good chicken noodle soup for about a year. Help me out!
No comments:
Post a Comment